Friday, August 11, 2006

Life or something like that

As long as I can remember, I have sought life in all its forms, be it mind, body or the spirit. I am thankful to it for all the serendipities, challenges and lessons I have learnt till date. 

A bumpy joyride that I am getting used to now, life had its moments of joys, thrills, fun and horror. Some moments of fear felt like they would never end and the whole life would never be the same again and at a few others, when I felt love, I wanted them to last forever and my life to remain like that always. None of it happened but I wouldn’t trade any part of life for other. It’s the co-existence of these differences that make the whole experience so enriched and empowering simultaneously.

 My current pursuit is of a story and thus food for thought. An idle observer of life at times and active creator at others, my mind is restless with the plethora of opportunities and possibilities that lay ahead. I am comfortably numb wondering how mystical and magical is for life to unfurl its kaleidoscopic banner for me when I thought it was leading to nowhere. The brilliance of life remains in the fact that even in the most insignificant phases of one’s life, when on the surface there’s inactivity, it has many wondrous possibilities just waiting to be manifested, many new life forms to be discovered and many mysteries to be solved. 

The game is simple. The challenge is not only to survive but also to appear victorious, to achieve and excel. If you do so, you get many more brownie points or benefits. At this point, I seek an admission in university of my choice. It is my most cherished possession at stake, my capacity, ability to write, to express, to create and connect. This writing assignment will help the university in knowing me better, in judging my writing prowess and the mettle of my thoughts. It’s crucial now that I move beyond the hurts of heart and dreams of distant destinies, its time to create my tomorrow with these very hands. I take a deep breath and vow to break my writer’s block, which is one of the worst that has ever struck me. 

The enemy maybe strong but I know my will to conquer; my desire to defeat any obstacle to courageously counter the challenges is high. I begin today, with a fresh new approach as all the old seem to be outmoded, its time for life, for change. Its time to heal the deep gnashes of hurtful feelings towards those who had wandered into these situations unknown. It was my violent emotions that made them look like criminals of hurting me, when it was my expectations and my desires that made me react harshly to them.

 I pray now for a focus, clarity of thought and purpose. I determine to work towards these goals, one at a time. Here I stand, with arms stretched looking skywards as if embracing the universe and asking it the way to reach my destination, my handful of sky, lungful of life and dreams.

No comments:

Search This Blog